cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From mratl...@collegenet.com
Subject Re: [Woody] - <wd:hotkey> status?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:27:22 GMT
news <news@sea.gmane.org> wrote on 11/21/2003 01:02:28 AM:

> I also noticed that, although the HTML spec recommends to underline the
> accesskey in the label, no browser seems to do it. Any hint/advice on
this?

> Sylvain

This CSS is very nice:

label:after {content:"(" attr(accesskey) ") "}

where accesskey attribute is set in <label>, automatically displays the
accesskey attribute after the <label> element (you need to i18n the
accesskey attribute)

The after pseudo-element also works for widget elements, e.g.

input:after {content:"(" attr(accesskey) ") "}

where accesskey attribute is set in <input> widget

Additional clever ways to use attr(accesskey) are described in:
http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/reveal-accesskey/

This works only for Mozilla, Netscape6+, Konqueror, and Safari. No MSIE;
although I haven't checked MSIE 6.x.  (Personally, I don't care.)

--Michael (who is having trouble keeping up with Woody posts, much less
the pace of development)