cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From volker.schm...@basf-it-services.com
Subject WARNING releasing ComponentsSelector
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:47:38 GMT
found the reason for this WARN:

WARN    (2003-11-05) 09:13.24:667   [core.manager]
(/wa/ProductSearch/Global) Se
rvlet.Engine.Transports : 11387/ExcaliburComponentManager: Attempted to
release
a org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ComponentsSelector but
its
handler could not be located.

This only happen using SitemapSource which is inside a Subsitemap which
uses a Generator/Transformer.... which is defined inside this Sitemap.
Ok what happen:

Inside the SitemapSource.init() the first step is "this
.processor.buildPipeline(this.environment);" this builds the pipeline
calling the TreeProcessor which mounts the Subsitemap and recompose the
ProcessingPipeline to the CM of the SubSitemap. The ComponentsSelector is
lookup .....
If the build of the pipeline is finished, the MountNode do following:

// Recompose pipelines which may have been recomposed by subsitemap
context.recompose(this.manager);

So, now the CM inside the AbstractProcessingPipeline is not the CM of the
SubSitemap anymore. A later process of the pipeline and a release doesn't
set the CM back to the CM of the SubSitemap. This will end in the WARN you
see above, because the ComponentsSelector isn't released to the correct CM.

I did a quick fix, that I remember the CM in the first lookup to a
ComponentsSelector and set it to null in the recycle.

What do you think?

Volker