cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Respecting the CLI
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:07:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Gump. It already works.
>
> What we need is to make core Cocoon *not* need the servlet jar, as I had
> tried in he past but gt fed up with discussions.
>
> Take the servlet jar out, see what the dependencies are, make sure that
> the core doesn't need servlet.jar, and you are halfway there.
>
> Then add a test run target to the ant buildfine and make sure Gump runs
> it daily.
>
> Problem solved.

The last time I tried it, Cocoon did compile without servlet.jar and did
also run. We lost this feature during the build restructuring as we
currently have some classes in the core that depend on the servlet.jar.
In the old build system these classes were excluded.
But afaik, we don't have dependencies to the servlet spec that are
required for the CLI (apart from those compilation problems and
the recently introduced context problem, that's fixed now).

Carsten