cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Bastardized URL protocol
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:50:28 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Just because we have one protocol that is messed up and we can't change it
> doesn't mean we should make the same mistakes.

True.

> For the Context protocol, I highly recommend doing something other than
> the one slash vs. two approach used for the "cocoon" protocol.
>
> *Something* doesn't have to mean using the xml:base approach
> outlined above.
> But it does mean that we shouldn't repeat the same mistake.

Sorry, I haven't followed the whole discussion, so this might have been
already discussed: why can't we use a new protocol, e.g. "sitemap:",
so context:// is the context :), and sitemap:// resolves relative
to the current sitemap?

Even using context:// and context:/ is fine for me. Users are used
to it anyway, even if it might not be the most perfect syntax.

But I'm against a more complicated way of doing this.

Carsten