cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject FW: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.3 Released
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:31:05 GMT
Moving discussion to the appropriate place: the mailing list

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.3 Released

With all due respect can I suggest that the current way of distributing
Cocoon is plain daft!

On there is a file Great until a week or a month or 2 months down the
line. When the latest file will, presumably, still be

So, how do I easily tell then whether I need to download and upgrade? I
can't, at least not easily.

Why not use the traditional system of giving the version a NUMBER? It allows
comparison of whether I have, or have not, the latest version.

Yes, I found that there is a numbered version of 2.1.3 at but why use this silly idea at all? Good for lazy Web page authors who don't
want to have to update the page perhaps? But not good for users.

It just seems daft to me.

Andrew Watt
P.S. I *do* appreciate the good work you guys do, but "little things" like
this are very frustrating.

View raw message