cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: whitespace cleanup and efficiency drive
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:45:51 GMT

On 10 Nov 2003, at 14:06, David Crossley wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>> If we agree on style, I can run IDEA on whole source tree
>
> Yes, if we can "just" define the style then any of our tools
> should be able to apply it.
>
> Perhaps we could gradually develop our "style". For example
> start with only "indentation and whitespace", get that sorted
> for both java and xml, then address another issue, and so on.

Stop!

history shows pretty evidently that you can't reach consensus on style,
unless your compiler is style dependant (which is why Python code all
looks the same!).

tab is bad. everytime you see tabs you should change them into 4
whitespaces. this is the general practice for java code in the ASF.

this is the *ONLY* wide practice.

let's not start the debate.

--
Stefano.