cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CocoonForms compared with JSF
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:41:29 GMT

On 22 Nov 2003, at 13:42, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Over the last days I had an offlist discussion with Sylvain and I don't
> want to keep back a very nice summary of Sylvain comparing CocoonForms
> with JSF. I set up a Wiki page:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsJSF
>
> We would be very interested in your opinions because this will become a
> "FAQ" in the future (This week I hold a presentation on Control Flow
> and
> only mentioned CocoonForms in a few sentences but in the break after it
> the "JSF-question" was one of the first ones I got ;-)
>
> And I'm with you Jörg, that we have to show that CocoonForms is *NOT*
> tied to HTML at all. Maybe a XUL example and a second skin would be
> great!

A XUL example would be *sweeeeeet*. Another one would be PDF-forms but
I don't think FOP supports it. :-( (besides, how would we do this?
xforms: inside fo:?)

> Awaiting your comments :-)

Cocoon Forms vs. Java Server Faces: gosh, never thought of it, but
yeah, that's the perfect challenge.

Ah, note, Craig told me that JSF are not bond to HTML. You implement a
java class for each different channel of the "server face".

This will be a cool battle to watch.

--
Stefano.