cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "James Higginbotham" <>
Subject RE: Migrating to Avalon. Thoughts?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:23:25 GMT

> My point is: there is no need for slide to look at what avalon is
> doing. The opposite might be true, but I think that using a content
> repository for a component repository is simply overkill. A nice and
> simple web server and a few servlets for lookup/discovery
> would do the
> job just fine.

Completely agreed. Though, if Avalon is to consider adopting Slide, a
rearchitecting will be required, as the DeltaV work and much of the
other work that Slide does as well, is very closely tied to the HTTP
context. A simple separation of a parameter Hash from the
parameters/attributes passed via HTTP would help facilitate any
integration to a non-j2ee framework (and make me a happy camper).

View raw message