cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:55:36 GMT
On Nov 4, 2003, at 2:28 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Jelly is not currently used in Cocoon. The idea is interesting, but it
> also means a rewrite of a large part of the sitemap engine, and
> doesn't give an immediate answer to the mixing between components and
> container outlined by Berin.

To further my line of thought... The current object model or the
sitemap would be converted from pseudo-objects to a more bean-like
structure. Jelly would just replace the XXXBuilder objects, and also
take care of managing what elements could be nested inside of others,
etc.

> Note that I don't state this to protect the current treeprocessor, but
> to minimize the work required to move to Fortress. Now I recognize I
> don't know Jelly and thus how hard this would be.

Now that I brought this up, I just might have to see how easy it will
be :)
-pete