cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: GT 2003 talks: audio only example, please test
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:54:27 GMT

On 11 Nov 2003, at 11:41, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2003, at 12:31, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
>>>
>>> Does it play "everywhere" without requiring special software?
>>> Otherwise I think the accessibility of mp3 is better.
>>
>> I would prefer ogg because MP3 has copyright issues.
>
> ehm, patent issues. Different thing.
>
> [bertrand, there is an ogg plugin for iTunes, if you wondered]

I was trying to do lo-res audio re-samples to use them for my SMIL
Presentation attempt instead of the video which does not seem to play
for anyone.

I found that Stefano's audio would crash QuickTime if it tried to
extract or re-sample.

If we are going to decide between MP3 and Ogg, could we test to see if
Ogg will work with QuickTime and RealPlayer SMIL, as it would be cool
to re-use them for this purpose too.

regards Jeremy