cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introducing IOC for Java classes created in flowscript
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:26:33 GMT

On 21 Nov 2003, at 12:22, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> Ok, I understand the point. I've been thinking long ago about a
>> "CompilingClassLoader", i.e a classloader to which we don't give
>> .class files, but .java files and that compiles them on the fly and
>> recompiles them automatically when needed. BeanShell may provide
>> something similar without needing to write this complex classloader.
>
> Well, we have something for XSP ...don't we?

Yes, the eclipse compiler works like this: you pass a Classloader (for
the class dependencies) and a Inputstream (for the source code) and you
get a Class back. Everything happens in memory.

Keep in mind, though, that if you want to do autoreload, dependency
checking can get *really* nasty, not on compiling but on classloading.

BTW, these issues should be solved by the block manager which isolates
classloading contexts per block.

--
Stefano.