cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introducing IOC for Java classes created in flowscript
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:45:46 GMT
Le Jeudi, 20 nov 2003, à 18:12 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
> ...Rhino also provides some very easy solutions to this:
> - http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/tutorial.html#ImplementingInterfaces
> - paragraph "JavaAdapter constructor" at
> http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/scriptjava.html

ok, cool, I wasn't aware of this, looks similar to what BeanShell does.

The advantage with BeanShell is that the syntax *is* java - one can
prototype in script and later move the code to compilable classes (just
FYI - I don't mean we should switch now ;-)

>> ....So maybe scripting Avalon interfaces could be a first step in
>> this education?
>

> Mmmh... Not sure it would be a good education ;-)
>
> But it can certainly be useful for quick hack prototypes!

Even more if the syntax was java!
Food for thought I guess..

-Bertrand