cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Woody: managing persistence sessions
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:47:29 GMT

On Wednesday, November 5, 2003, at 03:23 PM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> From: Jeremy Quinn

>> too!! There
>> .... but I
>> completed".

>>> Sorry, but I haven't got what you mean with "The Continuation has
>>> completed". When is this event reached? Can you give a
>> example (maybe
>>> using some code)?
>>
>> This is what I am thinking about:
>>
>> If you take this code snippet here:
>>
>>    . . .
>>     // get the User
>>     form.load (user);
>>     session.close();
>>     form.showForm (formURI);
>>     session = factory.createSession ();
>>     form.save (user);
>>     // save the User
>>    . . .
>>
>> The line "session.close();" in the sample above, could be replaced by
>> this (obviously after the snippet):
>>
>> 	catch (break) {
>> 		session.close();
>> 	}
>>
>> because it will be called just as a continuation is about to start
>>
>> whereas the line "session = factory.createSession ();" does
>> not have an
>> equivalent handler that would trigger after all continuation handling
>> has completed.
>
> IIU Sylvain's docs correctly
> (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RhinoWithContinuations)
>
> catch (continue) {
>    session = factory.createSession ();
> }
>
> should do it. Doesn't it work for you (I haven't tried it yet.)?

it works fine .... but I think it has a different meaning .... it is
when an existing continuation is resumed ... ie. when a Request comes
back to a continuation-id.

Whereas what I was thinking about is being notifies of when the
continuation-cycle is complete and the continuation is disposed of.

> If not you'll have to wait for my interceptions implementation
> (<hint>or
> help me finishing it <hint/> ;-) which would fill this gap.
> Currently I haven't much time doing it (but hopefully things change in
> the next weeks - expect more work on this then).

Cool :)

regards Jeremy