cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fooling around with cocoon davmap
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:56:32 GMT

On Saturday, Nov 1, 2003, at 11:53 Europe/Rome, Guido Casper wrote:

>> 1) is DAV: DAV:1 correct? I would expect "DAV: 1" to be the correct
>> header
>
> Checking the spec at
> http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/protocol/rfc2518.html#HEADER_DAV
>
> it seems that "DAV: 1" is correct.

ah, ok, but being compliant to the spec doesn't really help if your app
doesn't work :-( as IE shows us almost every other second.

>> 2) is our response correct? I think that, from a DAV perspective, "/"
>> is not a page but rather a folder.... even if, to be honest,
>> httpd/unix-directory really sucks as a content type, but anyway.
>
> Yes, mod_dav proved to be quite interoperable. "httpd/unix-directory"
> is
> what our "collection2propfind.xsl" currently delivers as well (as part
> of a multi-status response body).

cool

> I think this could be changed. However if we want the davmap to be a
> widely interoperable WebDAV server, I think we should have something
> like a compatibility test suite - similar to Slide's TProcessor or
> litmus
> http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/
> that could easily be run after each such change.

I would be in favor of this, but might not be enough.

Today, for example, I found out that Cadaver and DAVExplorer don't talk
DeltaV to Slide... :-(((( and I can't get Catacomb or Subversion to
build on merlino. I'm sooo depressed. :-(

The bleeding edge hurts. painfully.

> As for the empty response body. It would be a matter of having a
> serializer supressing it. However I didn't come accross a WebDAV client
> not simply ignoring a response body. I assume changing the header to
> "DAV: 1" solved the problem with WEBDAVFS?

Yes, it did.

BTW, do you know if Cadaver can talk simple DeltaV with subversion?

--
Stefano.