cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fooling around with cocoon davmap
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:10:31 GMT

On Saturday, Nov 1, 2003, at 14:49 Europe/Rome, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> Should we strive for strict compatibility in the short term?
>
> IMO, yes. We are now building a foundation for Cocoon to be a viable
> DAV server, and this should include finding all the possible
> shortcomings and solve them now instead than later, when we will start
> polishing things up. There's always room for hacks, but I'd rather
> leave them to a later point: now we're more in a proof of concept
> phase, after which I expect some serious design to happen, possibly
> even on Cocoon core.
>
> WDYT?

I think that if I keep hitting rubber walls on merlino build all sorts
of webdav servers and clients, I will end up implementing DeltaV
directly into davmap instead of crying down in tears!!! grrr

Would be weird to have a Doco implementation where cocoon does
everyting: frontend, backend and repository. Infrastructure will smell
golden hammer antipatterns all over the place.... hmmmm

don't you hate with you think you have all pieces of the puzzle finally
on the table, but then you figure one that you miss one more... and
then one more... and so on... it's driving me nuts.

--
Stefano.