cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject [woody] using on-activate handlers
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:42:37 GMT
Hi All

I am having problems using on-activate handlers.

I have them attached to several buttons, but they do not really help.

I have one attached to a <wd:row-action id="delete"
action-command="delete"/>, but it appears to get called after the
delete, so I do not appear to be able to find out which row was
deleted, so I cannot remove that object from the persistence layer.
(the returned index is '-1').

I have one attached to a <wd:row-action id="down"
action-command="move-down"/> and a <wd:row-action id="up"
action-command="move-up"> button, but my handler gets called AFTER
woody has moved them, complicating the issue of replicating the move in
the BizData (the binding does not replicate the row order, so moves
have no effect on BizData, if it is a Bean.)

ie. calling event.getSourceWidget ().getParent ().getId () gives you
the index of the row AFTER the move has already taken place.

Furthermore, because the Up button incorrectly shows on the top row,
and the down button incorrectly shows on the bottom row, if the User
clicks them, the row cannot be moved, so you get the 'correct' index of
those rows.  =:-0

IMHO, this is making things a lot more difficult than they really need
to be .....

Would it break Woody terribly if on-activate handlers could be called
BEFORE the row-action's action-command?

Thanks for any suggestions.

regards Jeremy