cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fooling around with cocoon davmap
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:45:30 GMT

On Wednesday, Nov 5, 2003, at 12:19 Europe/Rome, Unico Hommes wrote:

>> <map:call method="login">
>>   <map:generate src="protected.xml"/>
>>   <map:transform/>
>>   <map:serialize/>
>> </map:call>
>>
>> login () {
>>   while (!loggedin) {
>>     sendPageAndWait("login");
>>     loggedin = ...
>>   }
>>   return ('username': username, 'profile': profile);
>> }
>>

>> You mean something like this? No objections so far. :)
>> What flowscript method returns currently?
>>

> This looks pretty cool. But let's avoid the action semantic that says
> returning null will continue processing outside the call function node
> but instead have returning null signal the end of the response.

+1238434987498239487293847

I will personally shoot a bullet in the head of anybody that proposes
to perpetrates the horrible and disgusting hack of the <action> jumping
outside in case of an error.

And I'm not joking!

> This
> will solve the body-less response issue elegantly as well:
>
> function options() {
>   cocoon.response.setHeader("DAV","1");
>   cocoon.response.setHeader("Allow","OPTIONS,GET,PUT,DELETE");
>   cocoon.response.setStatus(204);
>   return null;
> }

even better, it should work even without "return null", you simply
terminate the function and that's it.

Nice and easy.

--
Stefano.