cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: New woody multivaluefield styling: the double listbox
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:23:39 GMT

On 19 Nov 2003, at 16:53, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> This again relies on Matt Kruse's JS libraries (thanks Matt!) and
> required to add a generic infrastructure in the woody JS library to
> register "handlers" that are called either during "onload" of the
> document or "onsubmit" of the form.

Unfortunately there are several problems with these libraries when
using the built-in browser in MacOSX, Safari (based on Conqueror
khtml).

For instance:

Help popups do not go away.
Editing the year in the Calendar causes Safari to crash.
When you view <http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/form1> from Safari,
the repeater at the bottom, is full of checkboxes, not fields. (!!!!)

I have reported these problems to Apple (several times already ....)

They all work fine in Mozilla ..... so beware, if your users have
Safari, they will not be able to use your forms properly and you may
not realise !!!!

> You can have a look at it in the "Boolean fields" tab in the "Various"
> example.

I am confused .... I cannot see anything that looks like it might be
the "double listbox" you describe (in Mozilla or Safari).

regards Jeremy