cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [Vote] empty HTTP responses [was Re: Cannot easily set http status]
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:20:32 GMT

But the function of a pipeline is specifically towards the production of
an xml response body. To have to set up all the components, execute the
pipeline and then fooling the pipeline to send its data to a null output
or refrain from pipeline execution altogether? In some scenarios that
may be necessary, for instance in the case of the http HEAD function.
The point is, you shouldn't have to, because there are a lot of
situations where its just unneccesary overhead. (for example all the
dummy responses in the davmap sitemap)

Unico