cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Fooling around with cocoon davmap
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:33:09 GMT

Guido Casper wrote:

<snip/>

http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/protocol/rfc2518.html#HEADER_DAV

> it seems that "DAV: 1" is correct.
>
> > 2) is our response correct? I think that, from a DAV perspective,
"/"
> > is not a page but rather a folder.... even if, to be honest,
> > httpd/unix-directory really sucks as a content type, but anyway.
>
> Yes, mod_dav proved to be quite interoperable. "httpd/unix-directory"
is
> what our "collection2propfind.xsl" currently delivers as well (as part
> of a multi-status response body).
>
> I think this could be changed. However if we want the davmap to be a
> widely interoperable WebDAV server, I think we should have something
> like a compatibility test suite - similar to Slide's TProcessor or
> litmus
> http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/
> that could easily be run after each such change.

Testing software could be very useful for us indeed.

Should we strive for strict compatibility in the short term? My own
angle towards this is to pick out those WebDAV features that are most
useful and to make them work on the subset of clients that we're most
likely to use.

Instead of striving for compliance we could also opt to add features as
the need arises, off course trying to stay as closely to the spec as we
can.

> As for the empty response body. It would be a matter of having a
> serializer supressing it.

Another option is to set the response headers in the flow and refrain
from sending any page at all.