cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [WIKI-UPDATE] FirstFridayDecember2003 Thu Nov 27 09:00:02 2003
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:04:23 GMT

On 27 Nov 2003, at 18:53, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 27.11.2003 18:15, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>>> When using the deprecated generators I got following exception:
>>>
>>> Unable to fetch content: A connection to the Database instance 'db'
>>> could not be created. Error: Connection refused
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.cocoon.generation.XMLDBGenerator.generate(XMLDBGenerator.j
>>> av a:212)
>>>
>>> How to go on? Anything I forgot?
>> Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you start the XIndice server?
>
> It's absolutely ok to ask as I didn't do anything from hand. I only
> deployed the xindice.jar to WEB-INF/lib. I read something about
> embedded XIndice ...

Embedded XIndice is new to me, it is new with XIndice 1.1?

> When starting Cocoon I get a new line at the command line output that
> I can at least not remember when not deploying xindice.jar:
>
> Opening database: D:\cocoon-2.1\build\webapp\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb

I believe this is HSQLDB starting up.

> And IIRC I got this message also at work. I say this, because I'm now
> at home and test it again and ... got another behaviour:
>
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
> 	at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getDatabase(DatabaseManager.java:258)
> 	at
> org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:190)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.collectionToSAX(XM
> LDBSource.java:246)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.toSAX(XMLDBSource.
> java:185)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:
> 261)
>

> It would be good to know the reason for the exception. But maybe the
> database is simply empty - I didn't fill it.
>
> What's different between work and home? At work I downloaded the file
> from http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.cgi (=> XIndice 1.1b1), at
> home from CVS using tagged version build-1_1_b2 (=> XIndice 1.1b2,
> which seems to be only a few minutes old). Maybe this is why Vadim
> mentioned using XIndice from CVS.

OK, I am out of my depth here, because I am not experienced with
XIndice 1.1.

With Xindice 1.0, you would need to start XIndice by hand and populate
it with some collections before you started to query it.

regards Jeremy