cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GT 2003 talks: audio only example, please test
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:02:40 GMT
Le Mardi, 11 nov 2003, à 12:41 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit
:
> On 11 Nov 2003, at 12:31, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
>>>
>>> Does it play "everywhere" without requiring special software?
>>> Otherwise I think the accessibility of mp3 is better.
>>
>> I would prefer ogg because MP3 has copyright issues.
>
> ehm, patent issues. Different thing.

The deal here is to make the talks as accessible as possible: make low
bandwidth downloads possible and use a plain vanilla format, hence my
choice of mp3.

But I'm ok to prepare both ogg and mp3 formats once I'm at it, can
anyone recommend a good ogg encoder for macosx?

> [bertrand, there is an ogg plugin for iTunes, if you wondered]

Thanks for the tip.

-Bertrand