cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject GT 2003 talks: audio only example, please test
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:46:29 GMT
A while ago there were requests to provide the GT2003 presentations as
low-bandwidth audio only.

I have made a small example with the first minute of Steven's talk,
could people test it on various platforms before I do the whole thing?
Please report here indicating platform.

MP3 example file can be found at
http://www.codeconsult.ch/clients/gt2003/00-introduction.mp3

I've tested it on macosx with ITunes, plays ok, title and copyright are
shown in the info fields.

Audio quality is, well, lame. I used the phone preset to make these
files as small as possible (should be about 6MB for a 40-minute talk).
People with enough bandwidth can get the videos anyway.

Here's how I did it. Never used lame before, suggestions are welcome:

-open movie in QuickTime Pro
-File menu, export, "export audio to WAVE"
-Shorten wave file for this test, using audio editor (Spark ME)
-Use lame to convert to mp3:

   lame --preset phone \
   --add-id3v2 \
   --tt "Cocoon GetTogether 2003, Steven Noels, introduction" \
   --ta "Copyright (C) 2003 Apache Software Foundation" \
   00-introduction.wav \
   00-introduction.mp3

(Tried -tc for copyright but it didn't show in ITunes).

-Bertrand