cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem with CVS of Cocoon-Documentation & an Authoring Question
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:47:18 GMT
On 25.11.2003 04:43, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> I had further discussion with Thomas and we found out, that the reason
>> is the DTD handling of IE. If you view the XML (or HTML) documents in
>> render mode, IE searches for the linked DTD. These links point to the
>> old relative locations of the files, exactly where they were before we
>> switched to XML catalogues. At this point when browsing the CVS by web
>> there is no DTD, but the HTML CVS page for this DTD:
>>
>> The XML page:
>> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs/faq/book.xml

>> If you use the rendering view:
>> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs/faq/book.xml?rev=1.1

>> or the text/plain view (and here behaves IE wrongly):
>

> But were is the issue? Go to mozilla.org and download mozilla or
> firebird! :-)

I'm okay with this solution as I'm already using Mozilla, but what about
the others. Indeed there should be people out there not using Mozilla,
what I can't imagine. ;-)

Another solution that came to my mind is pointing to a web URL like
http://cocoon.apache.org/dtd/document-v10.dtd. This would also make
validating possible in editors that don't understand catalogues.

Joerg