cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: [WIKI-UPDATE] FirstFridayDecember2003 Thu Nov 27 09:00:02 2003
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:53:31 GMT
On 27.11.2003 18:15, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>> When using the deprecated generators I got following exception:
>>
>> Unable to fetch content: A connection to the Database instance 'db'
>> could not be created. Error: Connection refused
>>     at
>> org.apache.cocoon.generation.XMLDBGenerator.generate(XMLDBGenerator.jav
>> a:212)
>>
>> How to go on? Anything I forgot?
>
> Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you start the XIndice server?

It's absolutely ok to ask as I didn't do anything from hand. I only
deployed the xindice.jar to WEB-INF/lib. I read something about embedded
XIndice ... When starting Cocoon I get a new line at the command line
output that I can at least not remember when not deploying xindice.jar:

Opening database: D:\cocoon-2.1\build\webapp\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb

And IIRC I got this message also at work. I say this, because I'm now at
home and test it again and ... got another behaviour:

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
	at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getDatabase(DatabaseManager.java:258)
	at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:190)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.collectionToSAX(XMLDBSource.java:246)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.toSAX(XMLDBSource.java:185)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:261)

It would be good to know the reason for the exception. But maybe the
database is simply empty - I didn't fill it.

What's different between work and home? At work I downloaded the file
from http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.cgi (=> XIndice 1.1b1), at
home from CVS using tagged version build-1_1_b2 (=> XIndice 1.1b2, which
seems to be only a few minutes old). Maybe this is why Vadim mentioned
using XIndice from CVS.

Joerg