cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: using actions in flow
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:38:24 GMT
Michael Wolf wrote:

> Hello,
> after I searched the net for three days, asked a developer and posted
> in the cocoon-user mailing list all I found for my problem is the same
> unanswered question.
>
> So I decided to post in this mailing list, because this seems to be a
> problem no one besides the developers is able to solve.
>
> I want to use a modular Database Action in my flowscript.
>
> I tried this approach:
>
> myAction = cocoon.getComponent(???);
> result = myAction.act("mod-db-sel","",{"table-set" : "login_check"});
> cocoon.release(myAction);

I'm no expert at all here, but have you tried:
myAction = cocoon.getComponent("mod-db-sel");

(ie. using the 'name' as specified in the sitemap?)

I'm not sure if the cocoon.getComponent() method will allow for loading
components defined in the sitemap.

If not, then you'll have to add your compoent to cocoon.roles, and then
you'll be able to do cocoon.getComponent() on it.

cocoon.roles is in the cocoon jar file, but there are ways to create
your own, rather than having to edit the core Cocoon one.

<disclaimer>I haven't done any of this, I'm just repeating what I've
heard, and assume to be the case. Others can correct me.</disclaimer>

Hope this helps.

Regards, Upayavira