cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wolf <w...@scirem.de>
Subject using actions in flow
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:33:05 GMT
Hello,
after I searched the net for three days, asked a developer and posted in
the cocoon-user mailing list all I found for my problem is the same
unanswered question.

So I decided to post in this mailing list, because this seems to be a
problem no one besides the developers is able to solve.

I want to use a modular Database Action in my flowscript.

I tried this approach:

myAction = cocoon.getComponent(???);
result = myAction.act("mod-db-sel","",{"table-set" : "login_check"});
cocoon.release(myAction);

The cocoon.getComponent method expects a component id, but how do I get
this id?

I tried

myAction =
cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseSelectAction.ROLE);

but that didn't work.

For completeness here is the action description in the
sitemap/components/actions section:

<map:action name="mod-db-sel"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseSelectAction">
    <descriptor>descriptors/database.xml</descriptor>
    <throw-exception>false</throw-exception>
</map:action>

So please tell me how this action is called from the flowscript.
Thanks for your help,

Michael