cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: persisting re-arranged repeater-rows
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:15:55 GMT
Sylvain,

Sylvain wrote:

<snip />

 >> hm, as for the remark on the 'XML only' support I guess this has to do
 >> with the missing object-factory for the on-insert-row event?
 >> (IIRC Sylvain made some generic XML oriented factory which helas can
 >> not be used for Java object backends)
 >

 > This analysis it right, both in the syntax and in the missing
 > object-factory. I missed the important difference between Jeremy's use
 > case and mine which is that I bind to an XML document.

yep, however the filosophy of binding (and using jxpath) has always been
to hide the XML/Bean difference and thus support both

 >> This sounds like simple-repeater should get some more features from
 >> his more complex brother, no?
 >

 > Yeah, but I'd like to keep it "simple-repeater" ;-)

but adding the XML/Bean symmetrical support is not really adding to
complexity, is it?

 >> suggestion:
 >> introduce on-bind wrapping of the children, so we can introduce a
 >> on-create-row that behaves just like the on-insert-row and allows to
 >> specify the classname of a jxpath-factory?
 >

 > Mmmh... Do we really need a jaxpath-factory or simply a class name?

sure, it should just reuse the existing InsertBeanBinding

ok if I give it a shot?
(of course this will change the syntax of the simple-repeater in the
binding)

 > Sylvain, in an hotel in Paris with DSL in the room. Yeah!

regards,
-marc=