cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Multipage-forms based with CocoonForms
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:30:31 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
>

>>Geoff Howard wrote:

>>some time,

>>code. Becoming

>>>+1 - welcome!
>>>

>>+1, especially if we see advancements on multiforms! :)
>>

>CocoonForms are nearly on the top of my Cocoon-ToDo-list ;-)
>I expect starting with them in december. If somebody needs it
>earlier and wants to start with its implementation pls let us/me
>(dev@cocoon.apache.org) know in order to avoid duplicate efforts!
>
>If somebody wants to help me with this task or needs a starting point
>have a look at this thread:
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106672365000004&r=1&w=2
>
>I like Sylvain's idea of the separate "wizard-layer" and will try to
>use Christopher's hints how to implement it.

No, I'm not interested in continuations management with forms ATM. What
I was referring to was "Subform thoughts" [1] by Tim Larson. According
to it, secure multiforms (or subforms) can be done with new "union"
widget, and then form POST processing and validation will happen only on
part of the form identified by the union, which will allow for one form
definition, and may be one binding, and may be one template file, and
this will cut down a lot on the amount of required files.

Vadim

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106965619705596&w=2