cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Refactoring woody styling (was Re: Woody Rant)
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:49:22 GMT
On 24.11.2003 22:32, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> I'm with you here and would even not add a simple stylesheet. People
>> adding simply a guestbook won't use Cocoon, so it's more or less
>> useless effort. Cocoon Forms has "higher aims" :-)
>

> Sorry if I misunderstood you, but your sentence on "focusing on server
> side form processing" is the only thing I take issue with. As for the
> rest, I'm happy that we fully agree.

Focussing does not mean ignoring the rest. Woody is a server-side form
framework and so there should be the focus. We must provide a nice
default implementation of client side code, i.e. styling. But this
styling should not take to much effort and time. I had the impression
that it took to much in the last days/weeks, esp. as such a library like
the calendar is/has to be maintained and was extended by help popup
while this is in my opinion useless with the background of no being
future-safe for example for XHTML. I simply could not understand why we
put that effort into such outdated stuff while other work has also to be
done => re-focus.

Joerg