cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Refactoring woody styling (was Re: Woody Rant)
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:52:03 GMT
On 24.11.2003 09:14, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> At the same time, all the style should happen in the XSLT thus the
>> <HTML> calendar strings worries me.
>

> I am using another calendar with Woody:
> <http://dynarch.com/mishoo/calendar.epl>. As the author says:
>
> "It works with Mozilla, Netscape >= 6.0, all other Gecko-based browsers,
> Internet Explorer >= 5.0 for Windows, Opera 7, Safari and Konqueror."
>
> and has much better support for styling and i18n, AFAIU. Sincerely, I
> haven't looked at the code to check if it prints HTML strings.

This is an absolutely cool one!! The requirements point to its DOM
conformness and I had a quick view into the code and it looks good as
well. Clean CSS separation, i18n support (but there own of course, which
might be replaced by Cocoon i18n).

> Only problem with it: it's LGPL :-(. Maybe we can bug the author to
> switch to an Apache-compatible license or release it under a dual
> licensing scheme.

The virus is everywhere ... BTW it's a sourceforge project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jscalendar). This also includes a
community, it's not a one man show. The code can be found at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jscalendar/jscalendar/.

Is there anybody out there ... willing to ask the developers ;-)
Otherwise I will do it as I started the thread with my rant :-)

Joerg