cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Moving docs from Wiki
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:43:25 GMT
On 24.11.2003 21:28, Tony Collen wrote:

> BTW, when a page is moved, I think we should keep the page on the wiki,
> and perhaps keep a record of when the last version was committed to CVS.
>
> Blowing away docs (like the features list) isn't too useful, especially
> since I was going to point to the version of the docs in the Wiki, and
> possibly make a bunch of revisions to the page.  But then I suppose I
> could just edit the new file in CVS and commit.

The problem I saw (and because of this I removed the list) are the
missing diffs (or the bad usability with it) after further additions to
the page are made. Imagine in a half year you want to update the page in
the CVS, in the meantime there were 10 changes in the wiki page, maybe
someone reordered all the things! You can start from scratch then or try
to reproduce all the changes for the CVS version - and this from version
n to v. n+1, from v. n+1 to v. n+2 and so on. After the removal of the
list I think we have a cleaner approach.

Joerg