cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: excalibur libs in cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:33:44 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 24.11.2003 15:36, Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>
>>> Should be no problem, though it might be better to have real
>>> releases. Ralph Goers on the users list mentioned that it is always a
>>> problem to grap the sources of these packages from CVS. The below
>>> updated versions are no real releases, but only recent tagged
>>> versions in the CVS. So there is no source tar gz downloadable from
>>> dist directory.
>>

>> There was a frustrated post on avalon-dev this AM regarding excalibur
>> releases.  The comment (which I haven't had time to respond to) was
>> that the one trying to go through the release process was getting no
>> help, and that no one (including us) cared about excalibur releases
>> anymore.
>>
>> Geoff
>

> To be honest I don't care about Excalibur. But I read the mail after you
> wrote the above:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106966850800002&r=1&w=2. Can anybody
> comment on this? Should it stay as it is, i.e. we update only what we
> need, esp. when we found a bug and want to fix it? I guess "that's life"
> for "commons" libraries.

But I bet you (or someone at least) cares whether we are using a
released or cvs version of, say, excalibur sourceresolve - or store,
etc.  There is critical functionality which is continually non-released
which we've decided we don't want.

TBH, I also interpreted the original complaint to include ECM, which I
for some reason had in my head someone was trying to create a new
release of for 2.1.x.

Are we really the only ones using these packages?  Have the others gone
away from Avalon?

Geoff