cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: excalibur libs in cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:51:01 GMT
On 24.11.2003 15:36, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Should be no problem, though it might be better to have real releases.
>> Ralph Goers on the users list mentioned that it is always a problem to
>> grap the sources of these packages from CVS. The below updated
>> versions are no real releases, but only recent tagged versions in the
>> CVS. So there is no source tar gz downloadable from dist directory.
>

> There was a frustrated post on avalon-dev this AM regarding excalibur
> releases.  The comment (which I haven't had time to respond to) was that
> the one trying to go through the release process was getting no help,
> and that no one (including us) cared about excalibur releases anymore.
>
> Geoff

To be honest I don't care about Excalibur. But I read the mail after you
wrote the above:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106966850800002&r=1&w=2. Can anybody
comment on this? Should it stay as it is, i.e. we update only what we
need, esp. when we found a bug and want to fix it? I guess "that's life"
for "commons" libraries.

Joerg