cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: Problem with CVS of Cocoon-Documentation & an Authoring Question
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:09:05 GMT
> On 21 Nov 2003, at 00:23, Thomas J. Sebestyen wrote:
>> I have just only two "simple" questions.
>> The first one is not really a question, it's related to the
>> page/directory:
>> documentation/xdocs/faq/
>> probably no one from you is using the Internet Explorer, but no  xml-file
>> in this dircetory can be viewed using the IE,
>> (try for example
>> documentation/xdocs/faq/book.xml)

They *are* correct as you can see at
or even if you select "Quelltext anzeigen" (= show source) in the
context menu.

It's a problem of IE itself. Read on.

>> because of the following reason:
>> Die Deklaration hat einen ung├╝ltigen Namen. Fehler beim Bearbeiten der
>> Ressource
>> '*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/
>> documentation/xdocs/dtd/book-cocoon-v10.dtd'.
>> Zeile 1, Position 3
>> <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
>> --^

There is *no* HTML 4 declaration in the files!! It's our XDocs book
format. Maybe IE stubles "../dtd/book-cocoon-v10.dtd" which does not
exist relative to the above URL.

>> ----------------------------------
>> My second question (more cocoon related ;-):
>> there are a lot of information about the rules how to write an FAQ i.e.
>> Core Documentation, but nothing about any software for working with
>> (authoring) the xml-files.
>> So my question is: are all the authors using they prefered xml-editor,

>> or do the authors have some sotware (share with all other authors) for
>> this matter?

No, only some rules that were discussed short time ago:

with not much result:

View raw message