cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <>
Subject Re: Introducing IOC for Java classes created in flowscript
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:46:46 GMT
See in the example package of It provides a
CompilingClassLoader that implements findClass() by using the Eclipse
java compiler to compile source files. By combining this with Rhino's
ability to dynamically use custom classloaders (see "Scripting classes from any
class loader") you should be able to create a Flowscript development
environment that doesn't require the explicit use of javac.

Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> Ok, I understand the point. I've been thinking long ago about a
>> "CompilingClassLoader", i.e a classloader to which we don't give
>> .class files, but .java files and that compiles them on the fly and
>> recompiles them automatically when needed. BeanShell may provide
>> something similar without needing to write this complex classloader.
> Well, we have something for XSP ...don't we?
> --
> Torsten

View raw message