cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: XConfPath task (was Re: MountTableMatcher)
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:04:42 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> We could:
>>> (1) Remove the replace-properties attribute, and replace properties
>>> automatically in the content, and in the top level attributes.
>>> (2) Leave the replace-properties attribute, and only replace
>>> properties in the top level attributes if it is set to true.
>>
>> How about (3) default replace-properties to true, and make it optional.
>>
>> If someone comes up with some valid reason that variable replacement
>> should be turned off, they can.
>
> That's what is called "FS" around here ;-)

Except that in this case it's already coded!  We're talking about
whether we should remove the existing ability to turn off this new  feature.

Ok, I shouldn't have made what I consider a current plausibility to
sound so hypothetical.  There are patches which may need to handle
${xxx} style data (like Jexl expressions which are meant to be evaluated
at runtime, not at build time).  Xpatch would screw these up if not
allowed to turn off this feature.  This will be rare, so I proposed the
option (3) above to preserve the ability but not cloud normal usage.

Geoff