cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] - <wd:hotkey> status?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:48:28 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Reviewing old mails, I found we agreed to add to the woody template
>> specification an initial tag that was called <wd:hotkey>
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105848333001636&w=2
>>
>> Please, follow the above thread.
>>
>> I don't know if I miss something, but I don't see it anymore.
>>

> We currently only have <wd:hint> and <wd:help> implemented in the
> styling. Adding the hotkey is still to be done.
>
> Now what about naming it <wd:accesskey> or <wd:access-key>? This would
> be more similar to the corresponding "acceskey" HTML attribute.
>
> I also noticed that, although the HTML spec recommends to underline the
> accesskey in the label, no browser seems to do it. Any hint/advice on this?

first idea is to have:

<wd:label><wd:accesskey>N</wd:accesskey>ame:</wd:label>

of course we will need some fit with the i18n support

suggestion, just keep the current:
<wd:label>
<i18n:text key="prompt.name" />
</wd:label>

where
<message key="prompt.name"><wi:accesskey>N</wi:accesskey>ame:</message>

? hm, I don't actually don't know if current i18n transformer is
supporting mixed content-model messages, anyone?

also this approach would require us however to make some upfront
suggestions on the order of template and i18n transformer? (and thus
reflect that in the namespace-prefix in the message)

biggest plus for this approach to me seems to be that you are assuring
that the access-key _is_ part of the label, regardless of the language?

in any case I would find it logical to have the accesskey-node dependent
(i.e. child or attribute) of the label attribute

thinking of other possibilities I'm only arriving at a specific
attribute to wd:label

<wd:label acceskey="i18n:accesskey.name" >
	<i18n:text>prompt.name</i18n:text>
<wd:label>

where then
prompt.name=Name:
accesskey.name=N

seems easier at first, but still fails to support the underlining?

what do you guys think?
-marc=