cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Introducing IOC for Java classes created in flowscript
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:49:50 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Le Jeudi, 20 nov 2003, à 18:12 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>>
>>> ...Rhino also provides some very easy solutions to this:
>>> - http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/tutorial.html#ImplementingInterfaces
>>> - paragraph "JavaAdapter constructor" at
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/scriptjava.html
>>
>> ok, cool, I wasn't aware of this, looks similar to what BeanShell does.
>>
>> The advantage with BeanShell is that the syntax *is* java - one can
>> prototype in script and later move the code to compilable classes
>> (just FYI - I don't mean we should switch now ;-)
>
> Sounds interesting. But you know the initial requirement for any
> flowscript language: continuations...

If I understood Bertrands hint towards BeanShell right, it would allow
the people who are affraid of writing "real" Java code to script an
object which is then used in the flowscript we have today - not
replacing the current continuation language, but easing the transition
for scripters towards Java for objects to be called from the flowscript.

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug Consulting GmbH