cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira>
Subject XConfPath task (was Re: MountTableMatcher)
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:59:40 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On 19 Nov 2003, at 18:37, Upayavira wrote:
>> Jeremy,
>> Splendid article. Stuff I've been thinking about a lot recently too.
>> Just one useful quote from the Ant manual:
>> <property environment="env"/>
>> <echo message="Number of Processors = ${env.NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS}"/>
>> <echo message="ANT_HOME is set to = ${env.ANT_HOME}"/>
>> With this, you can get at ${env.COCOON_HOME}, etc.
> Thanks Upayavira
> Did you read the bit earlier about the scheme having a flaw because of
> no variable substitution in the <xmap> tag's attributes?

No I didn't.

> How difficult would it be to add this?

Coding-wise, pretty trivial, just wrap each string with

Before we do this, I think we should sort out a few details, following
on from a comment from Vadim.

Do we want to automatically replace properties, and remove the
replace-properties attribute? Are there any situations in which this
could cause a problem?

Similarly, are there any situations in which it could cause a problem in
the top level attributes, e.g. xpath, or include-before?

We could:
(1) Remove the replace-properties attribute, and replace properties
automatically in the content, and in the top level attributes.
(2) Leave the replace-properties attribute, and only replace properties
in the top level attributes if it is set to true.

There are other options, but these two make the most sense. What do
people think?

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message