cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:54:21 GMT

Unico Hommes wrote:
> Nice article!
>
> We do basically the same thing. Note that with MountTableMatcher you no
> longer need to patch the cocoon root sitemap.

Why people often say so? There is no need to patch the root sitemap
anyway as it is simply trying to mount whatever comes in as request URL
on to the filesystem. Just deploy you app as a subdirectory of the
webadd directory of Cocoon. Sure, if you need to have your start URL to
be the root just copy a different welcome.xml/welcome.xslt over.

> It is too bad that Ant does not itself support a pluggable architecture.
> Now you end up replicating such a build environment in every new
> project.

Use another one instead (Maven, Centipede) that has 'plugins'.

> If something changes in cocoon that impacts the build system
> you need to update all those separate instances. I started on a Maven
> plugin for cocoon some time ago exactly for this reason. But
> unfortunately haven't been able to work on it lately. Maybe something
> for CTP if that would prove to take off.

We already have such Maven plugins and if CTP will start we sure will
contribute.

--
Giacomo Pati