cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: DB support in flowscript (was: XSP "official" position)
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:27:53 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Still a hassle to switch to another window, shut it down, wait.....,
>> restart, then connect your debugger to the waiting instance, then
>> request a page from Cocoon and wait...:-(
>

> Then you don't have a fast enough machine ;-),

700MHz, 512Mb (and full). One day. But I am impressed how long it has
lasted (nearly three years).

> And if you wrote more tests, you wouldn't need a debugger so often.

Yup. Will get there. I'm sure once I've started, I'll just keep doing it.

>> It seems you can do a standard http request to, for example
>> http://localhost:8889/?A=Start&ID=1:null:/:0
>
> Ah OK, actually I knew about that, but I tend to forget. Another
> question, if you don't mind, isn't it possible to use Jetty's admin
> interface from a host different from localhost?

Look in tools/jetty/conf/admin.xml. In there you'll see:

  <Call name="addListener">
    <Arg>
      <New class="org.mortbay.http.SocketListener">
        <Set name="Host">127.0.0.1</Set>
        <Set name="Port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.admin.port"
default="8081"/></Set>
        <Set name="MinThreads">5</Set>
        <Set name="MaxThreads">100</Set>
        <Set name="MaxIdleTimeMs">30000</Set>
        <Set name="LowResourcePersistTimeMs">5000</Set>
      </New>
    </Arg>
  </Call>

Note the <Set name="Host">127.0.0.1</Set> line. This sets the host that
it will accept connections from. I reckon if you remove this line, it'll
accept connections from elsewhere too.

Regards, Upayavira