cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: DB support in flowscript (was: XSP "official" position)
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:19:09 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> 1) The most complicated bit I have found in building Cocoon sites is
> handling Java classes. If deployed in a jar, it always seems to require
> a server/app restart to take on the changes. For trivial things (e.g.
> sending a simple email), I wouldn't want to have to get all this Java
> stuff going.

Then you should:

A) test your classes in isolation _before_ debugging them in Cocoon
B) get yourself a fast machine and with the "cocoon servlet" task,
restarting the container is a breeze, especially if you tune your Cocoon
to have only the minimum set of blocks needed.

But then again, YMMV ;-)

	Ugo

P.S.: by the way, is it possible to restart a context with Jetty like it
is with Tomcat, and how?