cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: rich clients and macromedia flex
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:54:08 GMT
Johann Romefort wrote:

>    I m also using Flash as a frontend, for a complex form generation +
> Cocoon with flow (based on linotype)
> for storage in file based XML repository and aggregation.
>    I agree with you Bertrand, the combination is really a killer,
> since the Flash player offers XML parsing and
> generation capabilities (with support for XPath directly built-in the
> player since FP7.0). I could write a little
> overview of the possible architectures if anyone is interested in
> playing with this kind of things.

Yes, please do.  In general it looks like some return of the thick-like
client is happening - since MS, Mozilla and Macromedia are all working
on offerings.  Cocoon is well positioned to not only produce content for
these three and others, but bridge them and provide fallback html-only
views.  This is just "multi-channel" of a different sort and could be a
strong suit for us.

This may also be an application of Cocoon which the US is ready to pay
attention to.

Geoff