cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: DB support in flowscript
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:51:45 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> I'm not advising that also. I am talking about providing an easy framework for
> database operations that would be available from flow.

Which kind of framework? What patterns would it implement? If you take a
look at Martin Fowler's catalog of Enterprise Application Patterns [1],
you'll see quite a few having to do with accessing data sources.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no "right way" to implement
this, so I'm -0.5 against providing any kind of JDBC encapsulation code
in flowscript, like it were some kind of "best practice".

	Ugo

[1] http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/