cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [RT] SAX stream buffering
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:32:56 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> buf.length << 1 is a shift operation which is the same
> as buf.length*2. The Max() chooses the bigger value.
>
> So that method is fine ;)

But a little too clever for my taste ;-). It reminds me of the old days
with C compilers who weren't smart enough to convert a
multiplication/division by a power of 2 into a left/right shift. I
thought those days had passed forever, but it seems there's always
someone thinking he can outsmart the compiler ;-).

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it