cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:18:54 GMT
On 18.11.2003 15:28, Geoff Howard wrote:

>>> *All* blocks must be able to be included by default and should *not*
>>> prevent Cocoon from working. This seems to be broken for JMS and OJB
>>> at the moment and we should fix it.
>>
>> What is the error with 1.3 with JMS?  Oh, it may be JNDI missing.
>> Hmmph.  This is another licensing issue - we'll need to do mocks
>> unless someone (like geronimo) has an (apache friendly) distributable
>> version.
>
> Wait a minute - JNDI was in 1.3.  Could someone who observed this error
> tell me what error occurred building it?  I quickly dowloaded the latest
>  1.3 and tried it out.  It did in fact fail, but with a "class version"
> error which may have been unrelated.  Was this the problem?

Indeed it's the geronimo spec package compiled with JDK 1.4, that causes
the error:

D:\cocoon-2.1\src\blocks\jms\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\jms\JMSConnection.java:53:

cannot access javax.jms.JMSException
bad class file:
D:\cocoon-2.1\src\blocks\jms\lib\geronimo-spec-jms-DEV-20030826.jar(javax/jms/JMSException.class)
class file has wrong version 48.0, should be 47.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
import javax.jms.JMSException;
                  ^

Joerg