cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/webapp/samples/hello-world/style/xsl page2wordml.xsl
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:35:53 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> According to cvs [1], both version of files are, actually, binary. First
> one [2] I cant even try to decipher, and the second one [3] seems almost
> like XML file, but with binary prefix - which makes it not an XML but
> some proprietary binary file. Your option is to delete the file, convert
> it to XML, and create again.

Alright, thanks for the help.  I think it boils down to my #$^ text
editor.  I can choose a file type (line endings), which I have set to
Unix.  I assume this is safe.

Where I get confused is the encoding.  I have the following options:

ANSI
DOS
Unicode
Unicode (big-endian)
UTF-8

Which of these is the proper one?  Maybe it's time for me to stop using
a crappy text editor and use Eclipse exclusively.

> Vadim

Tony