cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: XSP "official" position
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:35:19 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> XSP if not perfect, but we still need some kind of "official"
>> templating. What's the alternatives here?
>>
>> ... and it's not that convinient to assemble DOM (or something) in
>> flow and then pass it to the templates... ;-)
>

> Even the JXTemplateGenerator?  I think it's nice and useful.

Sure, it might be nice, and it is useful. Is it cacheable? To give you
simple example:

<xsp:page language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
          xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0">
  <xsp:logic>
    public java.io.Serializable getKey()
    {
        if (request.getSession(false) == null) {
          return "0";
        } else if(request.getSession().getAttribute("user") != null) {
          return "1";
        } else {
          return "0";
        }
    }
    public SourceValidity getValidity() {
       return NOPValidity.SHARED_INSTANCE;
    }
  </xsp:logic>

  <menu>
    <page name="Home" link="welcome"/>
        <xsp:logic>
            if(<xsp-session:get-attribute name="user"/> != null) {
                <page name="Logout" link="logout"/>
            } else {
                <page name="Login" link="login"/>
            }
        </xsp:logic>
  </menu>
</xsp:page>

> Perhaps the problem is that the flow layer isn't as "up-front" as
> other things...

What JXTemplateGenerator has to do with flow? AFAIK, it is good without
flow too! :)

Vadim