cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: XSP "official" position
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:16:23 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

<snip/>

> XSP if not perfect, but we still need some kind of "official"
> templating. What's the alternatives here?
>
> ... and it's not that convinient to assemble DOM (or something) in flow
> and then pass it to the templates... ;-)

Even the JXTemplateGenerator?  I think it's nice and useful.  Perhaps
the problem is that the flow layer isn't as "up-front" as other
things... that is, you can use Cocoon and never touch the Flow layer.
People don't realize how useful it is and either shrug it off or try to
learn it and get angry and go back to XSP.

> Vadim

Regards,

Tony